Our Skincare Regimen Cheat Sheet
In the age of elaborate skincare routines, crafting (and perfecting) your regimen can feel intimidating and overwhelming. Rule of thumb: you should apply your products from thinnest to thickest. But even with that pro-tip in mind, questions are bound to arise. For example, what’s first—oil or moisturizer? Have no fear, because we’ve dropped a comprehensive AM and PM routine below. While we’ve used our products here as examples, you can modify your steps to include your holy-grail favorites.
This is an important first step to create a clean slate for the rest of your routine. Our Gel Cleanser is gentle, effective, and doesn't strip the skin. It also features a natural astringent, lemon peel oil, that has a lovely bright scent.
Next, you’ll want to prep and balance the skin's pH level before applying the following skincare products. milk + honey Hydrating Rose Mist takes this step to the next level with the addition of hyaluronic acid, helping your skin to retain moisture and elasticity while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Antioxidant Serum
In general, antioxidant serums are an essential step to protect your skin from free radicals (unstable atoms that can damage cells, causing illness and aging.) milk + honey’s Antioxidant Serum also includes methylsulfonylmethane, a natural form of organic sulfur that helps to support the production of collagen and look of healthy skin.
4. MoisturizeNext up — your favorite daytime moisturizer. Our Anytime Hydration has a lightweight, matte finish that’s great under makeup or alone.
5. Eye CreamWhat would an AM routine be without an eye cream? Use your ring or pinky finger to apply since they’re the weakest and most gentle on delicate under eye skin. Our Eye Cream includes caffeine, which is actually known to help fight puffiness. We suggest doing a light lymphatic massage around the under eye and occipital bone to "wake up" the eye area.
Don't forget the most important step of all — sunscreen!
Similar to the AM routine, a good cleanser is a necessary first step to remove dirt, impurities, and remnant makeup.
2. At-home peel
For an at-home facial experience, use the Enzyme Masque (up to 2-3 times a week). Apply a layer of our enzyme masque and rinse off after 5-10 minutes. Our favorite way to use this masque: step into the shower after applying for an activated steam + masque experience. Rinse off after 5-10 minutes.
3. Clay MasquesFollow with your favorite clay masque (or two), we personally like to use our Charcoal Clay Masque on areas with more congestion (think the T-zone) and the Pink Clay Masque on areas that need hydration and invigoration.
*Fun fact: Our Charcoal Clay Masque is a great spot treatment for any acne and pesky breakouts.
5. Antioxidant SerumUse a pump of the lightweight Antioxidant Serum to boost your skin's tone with vitamin C, reduce the signs of aging with ferulic acid, plump the skin with hyaluronic acid, and protect your skin from free radicals.
6. Choose Your Own Hydration AdventureAre you more of an oil or cream fan? Use the Luxe Face Oil for an intense boost of hydration. It may be used in conjunction with light lymphatic massage around the face and décolleté. Luxe Face Oil can be used alone or followed with Intense Hydration. Use Intense Hydration at night to lock in moisture and boost your skin's collagen with fruit-based stem cells.
6) Eye Cream
With your ring finger, dab your favorite eye cream under your eye area. Our Eye Cream includes organic baobab seed oil, which is rich in Vitamin A, E, and omega fatty acids. AKA, it helps to hydrate skin and fight against external signs of aging.
Pro tip: For added facial massage and enhanced circulation, incorporate a facial roller or gua sha as your last step. Our Rose Quartz Facial Roller is two-sided (the smaller side is great for under eyes) and corresponds with the heart chakra to promote self-love, inner peace, and energy healing.
Have more regimen questions? Drop them below for an answer from a milk + honey esthetician.